What We Are...
The National Institutes of Health is the research arm of the University of the Philippines Manila, the Health Sciences Center of the UP System. It was established to support the national effort to improve the health of Filipinos by enhancing the the country's capability for health research and development
What We Believe In...
Science for Humanity...Scientist with Souls
To be the country's recognized authority in health research and development and the key source of critical health information for national development in the Philippines and Southeast Asia.
To be a major resource center for health research and capacity-building using the framework "Partnership for Better Health".
What We Do...
- We promote science and technology research and development in health
- We promote the development of study groups and research programs
- We establish mechanisms for the dissemination and utilization of research outputs
- We complement graduate programs and faculty research human resource training in the university
- We ensure that the results of health research and development activities are utilized to improve the health of people.