The Institute of Clinical Epidemiology was established in April 17, 1997 in order to promote expertise and nurture the leadership in the design and conduct of essential researches in health care, formulation and adoption of health policies emanating from these researchers, utilizing the principles of clinical epidemiology and its related disciplines for improved health care and equity in health policies. ICE seeks to be a transdisciplinary center of excellence in the conduct and utilization of relevant, quality researches towards equitable and efficient healthcare for the Filipino people.
1. Generate relevant health research addressing the priority health care needs of the Filipino people.
2. Provide technical assistance in the evaluation of health care needs in the country, identification of effective and efficient health interventions, rational allocation of resources and successful implementation with monitoring of programs.
3. Train health providers on the application of quantitative and qualitative assessment principles drawn from clinical epidemiology, health economics, biostatistics, and health social sciences.
1. HN 10/4: MDG Child Food Security and Nutrition, Phase 3.
2. A Rapid Appraisal of the Health Situation in Palawan, Philippines: Access to Medicines Issues and Perspectives.
3. Child Health Now Baseline Research.
4. Epidemiological Assessment of Emergencies and Disasters in the Philippines.
5. An Analysis of Mechanisms and Implementation of Public-Private Partnerships in Health Systems of Selected Philippine Provinces.
6. A Description of Existing Public-Private Partnerships in DOH Retained Tertiary Hospitals in NCR and Selected Secondary Hospitals in Key Cities Outside NCR.
7. Analysis of the Performance and Utilization of DOH Mobile Clinics in Eight Hospitals in the Philippines.
8. Conducting Systematic Reviews and Operations Researches on Specific Issues and Selected Priority Public Health Programs.
9. LIFE Course Study in Cardiovascular disease Epidemiology (LIFECARE) Development of Soil Transmitted Helminthiasis Control Program (STHCP) Information System.
1. Evaluating the Residual Risk for Transmission Transmitted Infections of bloods in the National Voluntary Blood Services Program (NVBSP) of the Philippines.
2. Survival of Patients Diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease: Field Testing the Methodology for Data Collection for Hemodialysis and Kidney Transplant Patients, Data Management and Analysis.
1. Medical Writing Workshop for Johnson and Johnson Philippines, Inc. (September 27-28, 2012).
2. Research Methodology Workshop for NKTI (May 5 and 26, 2012).
3. District Health Management Course (April 30 to May 25, 2012).
4. Research Methodology Workshop for Rizal Medical Center (July 2012).
5. Introduction to Cost-effectiveness Analysis and Introduction to Pharmacoeconomics Workshops (September 7-8, 2011).
6. Scientific Paper Writing and Presentation Workshop for Medical Students (October 25-26, 2011).
7. Scientific Paper Writing and Presentation Workshop (March 9-10, 2012).
Intramural Collaboration/s (within UPM)
1. College of Nursing, College of Dentistry and College of Allied Medical Professions (Policy Baseline on Practice of Profession).
2. Institute of Health Policy and Developmental Studies (Philhealth Study Group).
3. Institute of Child Health and Human Development (Longitudinal Child Development Study).
Local Collaboration/s (MOA, MOU)
1. Department of Health.
2. National Kidney and Transplant Institute.
3. Philippine Council for Health Research and Development.
1. AIDS Society of the Philippines
International Collaborations (MOA, MOU)
2. World Health Organization.
3. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
4. Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Dr. Noel R. Juban
Dr. Godofreda V. Dalmacion
Dr. Emmanuel S. Baja
Dr. Emmanuel P. Estrella
Dr. Marie Carmela M. Lapitan
Dr. Mary Ann Ladia
Dr. Marissa Alejandria
Prof. Maria Lourdes Amarillo
Prof. Nina Castillo-Carandang
Prof. Cynthia Cordero
Dr. Antonio Dans
Dr. Leonila Dans
Dr. Noel Espallardo
Dr. Mario Festin
Dr. Ma. Antonia Habana
Dr. Hilton Lam
Dr. Mary Ann Lansang
Dr. Jacinto Blas Mantaring III
Dr. Bernadette Mendoza
Dr. Corazon Ngelangel
Dr. Carlo Irwin Panelo
Dr. Felix Eduardo Punzalan
Prof. Laurie Ramiro
Dr. Roberto Ruiz
Ms. Olivia Sison